Thursday, January 14, 2010

Strawberry Salad Dressing

This salad dressing is easy, tasty and healthy! Agave nectar is a sweetener made from agave plants (same plants that tequila is made from). It doesn't effect blood sugar like regular sugars do because it has a lower glycemic index. It has more calories than sugar cup for cup, but since it is sweeter than sugar, you use less. This salad dressing stays good in the fridge for several weeks. My kids who are die hard Ranch Dressing fans LOVE this dressing.


Strawberry Salad Dressing

1/3 C agave nectar
1/3 C rice vinegar
10 strawberries

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

2 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

OOh that sounds delighful!! I love fresh berries on a salad so the dressing is right up my alley! When berries go on sale next time I'm making this. The agave nectar must be added to my pantry as well.

Heather Ash said...

I love using agave nectar whenever I can! I have only been using it for a couple of years, and so far have mainly used it for recipes that originally call for agave. I plan on tweaking some of my favorite recipes soon to utilize the agave more.