Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Broiled Pesto Salmon

This is the easiest way to cook salmon (and yummy too!) My family requests salmon prepared this way every time I make salmon. Measurements are approximate. Depends on the size of your fillet. I just use enough pesto to get a nice even thin coat on the fish. I highly recommend you use aluminum foil on your baking pan (I use a jelly roll pan) for easy clean up. The foil isn't quite as wide as my pan, so I create "sides" by folding the aluminum foil up on the long sides. The wine isn't absolutely necessary, but adds more depth to the flavor. I LOVE my lemon juicer. You cut the lemon in half, place it cut side down into the bowl shaped side and squeeze the handles! It practically turns the lemon inside out and gets more juice out than any other method I've used. Homemade Pesto is FABULOUS, but Costco makes a real good one too!

Broiled Pesto Salmon

2 lb Salmon fillet
1/2 C white wine (or blush, or whatever you have on hand... but not red!)
1 lemon, juiced
1 1/2 C pesto sauce

Place salmon, skin side down on foil lined baking dish. Sprinkle with wine and lemon juice. Let marinate 15 minutes. Spoon on pesto and spread it evenly over the top of the whole fillet. Place fish on second from top level of the oven and broil 8-10 minutes per inch of thickness. Flesh should be opaque and flake easily. Squeeze more lemon juice over fish if desired.

No comments: